Bishop Ed is one of those guys you just love to be around. His kind heart and genuine interest branch even into the creepy crawly world of bugs. Ed has served twice as bishop in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and in that capacity has been involved with counseling young adults and adults alike on topics relating to pornography & sexual behavior.
His kindness mingles with a refreshingly candid approach to sex, pornography & purity. Perhaps it is the Irish in him or maybe just a lingering bit of his New York culture. Either way, he tells it how it is and doesn’t back down from the necessary conversations that seem to be lacking in society today.
Ed is happily married and is the father of 4 great and talented children and he would probably tell you that it was all his wife’s doing.
I have known Bishop Ed since 2005. He is a great friend, confidant & support.
Note: I try to get a variety of people on the show and in doing so there will most likely be those who come from backgrounds that differ from your own in some way. It just so happens that I know more about the religious beliefs of Bishop Ed than the other guests. If you have any questions about Mormons, please feel free to contact me. Don’t worry, I can handle strange questions :)
Bishop Ed joined us to share his insight into the following questions on the Honest Answers Podcast:
- What is it like to counsel with people who struggle with pornography?
- What effect does pornography have on the Church?
- How prevalent in the Church are those who struggle?
- How can I involve God in my recovery from porn addiction?
- What advice might you give to other leaders or parents who are responsible for bringing up this conversation to the youth they look over?
I liked what Bishop Ed had to say! What Now?
- Join Destination Freedom to hear other full, hour-long interviews
- Subscribe to the Honest Answers Podcast to hear all answers
- Check out some of the LDS Related help links below:
Bishop Ed advises those who are struggling with pornography to connect with their own religious leaders 1st to begin the process of healing. You may also find the following links helpful!
- Combating Pornography: Help and support for individuals, spouses & leaders
- LDS Addiction Recovery Program: Christ-centered 12 step program. Manual with great questions to help you assess what’s behind your struggles with porn. Audios also available. Groups meetings are also available all over the US.